Sneak previews of our current performances or sweet memories of our workshops and past festival events can be watched HERE.
ATLAS – create your dance trails
The training programme ATLAS – create your dance trails will be postponed to 2021. Fortunately, coach Guy Cools has agreed to continue accompanying and leading this programme next summer. Registrations and confirmations will, of course, remain valid for 2021.
Choreographic Training Programme
14 July–18 August 2021
ATLAS – create your dance trails is a module-based training programme embedded in the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. It offers artists with first choreographic experiences a dynamic environment to intensively work on their artistic development. The programme is designed to address two of the most central needs of emerging choreographers: On the one hand, to have access to studio space for research and piece development and on the other hand, to gain new input through individual training programmes, by visiting a broad range of international dance productions and through exchanging with artists from more than 100 countries as well as through peer-to-peer exchange within the ATLAS group. In addition, weekly showings enable the participants to present their works or work steps.
An ATLAS coach will accompany the participants’ works dramaturgically during the programme. In 2020, the dance dramaturge Guy Cools will once again be the ATLAS coach. Existing performance fragments can, but do not need to, be brought to Vienna. In addition, an ATLAS assistant will support the participants with the preparation and organisation of their stay.
Workshop & Research Module
• A 3-day workshop with the ATLAS coach
• 10 ImPulsTanz workshops or 8 ImPulsTanz workshops and 1 field project
• 50 % discount on all further workshops
• 20 tickets for ImPulsTanz performances
• Reduction on all further performances
Rehearsal & Workspace Module
• Studio space with 3 studios exclusively for the ATLAS group
• Personal artistic coaching for developing solos or group work
• Regular exchange and feedback sessions within the ATLAS group (depending on the needs of the participants)
• Meetings with choreographers of the [8:tension] Young Choreographers’ Series
• Weekly showings of works or work steps
• Final showing(s) at the end of the festival (details depending on work progress)
• Final feedback talk with the ATLAS coach
• At the end of the programme, all participants receive an ATLAS certificate
• Accommodation in Vienna
• Discount on the dish of the day at the cafeteria of the ImPulsTanz workshop centre Arsenal
• ImPulsTanz bike for the duration of the stay or alternatively a monthly ticket for public transport
• Free admission to both ImPulsTanz parties
Costs & Application
The participation fee is 2,600 euro (with the friendly support of the EU network
LIFE LONG BURNING – Towards a sustainable eco system for contemporary dance in Europe).
For a binding participation an advance payment of 800 euro must be made no later than two weeks after the acceptance to the programme. Participants must be of legal age.
Above that, we also offer a discount for groups of five or more people. In this case, the participation fee is 2,000 euro per person.
To apply, please send the completed application form, a CV, a short letter of interest and a portrait photo via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will inform the applicants within 14 days on the acceptance or refusal. A jury will select the maximum of 20 participants. After receiving the advance payment or the full amount of the participation fee, we will send a confirmation of participation.
In addition, the ATLAS assistant will gladly provide you with an official invitation letter from ImPulsTanz and support you in your endeavours with funding applications for grants and financial support.
(Subject to availability)
Participation fee does not include
• Travel expenses
• Visa costs
• Health insurance
For questions or further information, please do not hesitate to contact Carine Carvalho Barbosa via email@example.com or by telephone (+43.1.523 55 58-12) from Monday to Friday, 11:00 to 16:00.
Click here to download a poster including the most important facts about our further education programmes.