Sneak previews of our current performances, or sweet memories of our workshops and past festival events can be watched HERE.
Aerial Silk Dance Expression
This technique combines the many experiences Natalia gained in different fields of dance, wherein she always renewed herself and creatively altered her technique. This method allows us to explore the space in the air and on the ground from a dance perspective, with its varied artistic and expressive possibilities. It is a fusion of the two levels as they are: earth and air, low and high, resulting in a routine that will be developed throughout the week. This will prepare participants, regardless of prior experience and age, for the possibility of stage performances and choreographic compositions.
Structure of the training sessions:
• Dynamic warm-up: A mixture of contemporary dance and physical theatre exercises, activating the muscles, focusing on rhythm and music.
• Floor work: Using gravity and employing body parts as motion vectors.
• Semi-acrobatic figures on the ground, preparatory exercises and advanced sequences.
• Dynamic combinations with the silks from the ground, focusing on arms, shoulders and the back. During this process, we will perform inverts, scissors and pigeon sequences.
• Basic climbing techniques, basic foot knot, etc.
• Sequences in the knot and variations: focusing on technique, creativity and empowerment. Practice of the knot close to the ground the introduction of dance moves and correct positioning fundamental to this discipline.
• Aerial Contemporary Dance: different figures and transitions on the Silk.
• Choreographic composition: The fusion of all the different things learned during the session (aerial and floor work), in order to set up a scenic presentation.
ArtistBio: Natalia Catanea