Skip through our festival impressions as of 2005 HERE
ATLAS – create your dance trails 2019
Training programme for emerging dance artists
12 July–12 August 2019
ATLAS – create your dance trails is a module-based training programme embedded in the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. It offers a dynamic environment that allows young dance artists with first choreographic experience to intensively work on their professional development. The programme is designed to address two of the most basic needs of emerging choreographers: access to studio space for research and creation as well as continued inspiration through top-class training possibilities, a broad range of international dance productions and the exchange with fellow artists from more than 100 countries as well as of course the peer-to-peer exchange whithin the group. On top, weekly showings give a chance to present works or work steps to an international audience.
An experienced ATLAS Buddy will advise the participants in the process of composing their individual programme, while an ATLAS Coach will accompany the participants' works dramaturgically during their stay. ATLAS Coach 2019 is the dance dramaturge Guy Cools. Previous performance fragments may but don't need to be included in this process.
Workshop & Research Module
• A two-day workshop with the ATLAS coach on 12th and 13th July 2019
• 10 ImPulsTanz workshops or 8 ImPulsTanz workshops and 1 Field Project
• Half price on all further workshop bookings
• 20 tickets for ImPulsTanz performances
• Reduction on all further performance tickets
Rehearsal & Workspace Module
• Dance studio exclusively for the ATLAS group
• Personal artistic coaching for developing solos or group work
• Meetings with choreographers of the [8:tension] Young Choreographers’ Series
• Weekly exchange and feedback sessions with the ATLAS group (according to the desire of the group)
• Weekly showings of the works or work steps each Sunday at 20:30 (21nd, 28th July and 04th August 2019)
• Final showing on Saturday, 10th August 2019
• At the end, the participants receive an ATLAS certificate
• Accommodation in Vienna
• Discounts for food & beverages at the cafeteria at the ImPulsTanz workshop centre Arsenal
• ImPulsTanz bicycle for the duration of your stay or a free travel pass for public transport
• Free admission to the two ImPulsTanz parties
Costs & registration:
The registration fee is €2,600
(The total amount normally is €5,200, thanks to the support of the EU Network LIFE LONG BURNING the costs were cut in half).
The registration is valid only after an advance payment of €800.
To register, please fill in the application form and send it together with a CV, a short letter of interest and a portrait photo to: email@example.com
Now and for the first time, we would like to offer a discount to groups of five or more people for a reduced participation fee of €2,000 per person.
15 April 2019, 12:00 noon CET
Fee does not include
• Travel to and from Vienna
• Health insurance
• Per diem
Upon receiving your application materials, we will be glad to supply you with an official invitation letter and support your endeavors with funding applications for grants and financial support.
For questions or further information, please do not hesitate to contact Carvalho Barbosa via e-mail or by telephone (+43.1.523 55 58-12) from Monday to Friday, 11:00 to 18:00.
ATLAS Media Partner