Sneak previews of our current performances, or sweet memories of our workshops and past festival events can be watched here. MORE
DanceAbility Teacher Certification 2016
DANCEABILITY TEACHER CERTIFICATION 2016
ImPulsTanz and Alito Alessi, founder and executive director of DanceAbility, offer another 1-month long DanceAbility Teacher Cerification class, taking place in the course of the ImPulsTanz festival 2016.
04 July - 29 July 2016
What: how to lead Mixed Abilities dance, movement & theatre groups
Who: Alito Alessi (Founder of DanceAbility)
When: 03 July (orientation meeting) – 30 July 2016 (day of departure): 4 weeks, Mon-Fri, 6 hours/day, 10:00 - 17:30
Where: ImPulsTanz - Vienna International Dance Festival, Vienna, Austria
Costs: € 1.500,-
Max. number of participants: 32 people
More than 500 people with and without disabilities have attended intensive DanceAbility Teacher Certification courses in various countries since 1996. Those trained in DanceAbility have continued to develop and expand inclusive dance communities around the world.
DanceAbility Teacher Certification is for people who want to teach integrated groups in movement arts, or learn a model for facilitating communities that foster inclusive participation. The course covers well-defined methods and techniques for teaching, but there is not a stagnant set of rules. It is an approach to designing creative movement practices that allow anybody and everybody’s movement to emerge, thereby facilitating individual and group expression.
Participants in the DanceAbility Teacher Certification course will build on their own experiences to develop appropriate materials for the continued development of the work in their own communities.
The training includes:
- Foundation exercises introducing basic concepts of movement improvisation to people of all abilities based on things all participants can do
- How to guide people to be aware of their potential for movement and communication
- Integrating Contact Improvisation-inspired physicality with mixed abilities
- Movement explorations and games for individuals, partners, and small and large groups
- Learning how to plan and teach classes for all levels, and all abilities
- Learning to lead performance-making projects, including outdoor public space and street performances
- Teaching language is English
For further questions please refer to:
T: +43 1 523 55 58
F: +43 1 523 55 58 9