Skip through our festival impressions as of 2005 HERE
ATLAS - Creating Dance Trails 2017
An ImPulsTanz training programme
13 July – 15 August 2017 in Vienna
Application deadline: 15 May 2017
ATLAS – Creating Dance Trails is a module-based training programme embedded in the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. It offers a dynamic environment that allows young dance artists with first choreographic experience to intensively work on their professional development. The programme is designed to address two of the most basic needs of emerging choreographers: access to studio space for research and creation as well as continued inspiration through top-class training possibilities, a broad range of international dance productions and the exchange with fellow artists.
Before the actual start of the programme, an experienced ATLAS Buddy will advise the participants in the process of composing their individual programme, while an ATLAS Coach (2017 Philippe Riéra of the internationally successful theatre collective Superamas) will accompany the participants' works dramaturgically during their stay. Previous performance fragments may but don't need to be included in this process.
Workshop & Research Module
- 8 ImPulsTanz workshops
- 1 ImPulsTanz Field Project or 2 further workshops
- Half price on all further workshops
- 20 tickets for ImPulsTanz performances
- Reduced tickets for all further performances
Rehearsal & Workspace Module
- Dance studio exclusively for the ATLAS group
- Personal artistic coaching for developing solos or group work (by Philippe Riéra, Superamas)
- Weekly exchange, showings and feedback sessions with the ATLAS group
- (according to the desire of the group)
- Final presentation of the works (in progress) at the end of ImPulsTanz 2017 (if desired)
- ATLAS certificate at the end
- Accommodation in Vienna
- Discounts for food & beverages at the Arsenal Café (ImPulsTanz workshop centre)
- ImPulsTanz bicycle for the duration of your stay or a free travel pass for public transport
- Free admission to the ImPulsTanz opening and closing party
Costs & registration:
The registration fee is €3,250. Registration is valid only after an advance payment of €800.
Registration deadline is 15 May 2017. To register, please fill in the form and send it together with a CV, a short letter of interest and a portrait photo via e-mail to email@example.com.
Fee does not include:
- Travel to and from Vienna
- Health insurance
- Per diem
Upon receiving your application materials, we will be glad to supply you with an official invitation letter and support your endeavors with funding applications, grants and financial support.
For questions or further information, please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (+43.1.523 55 58-12, from Monday to Friday, 11am to 6pm).