Fesche Goodies der letzten Festival-Ausgaben ab jetzt HIER
Pina Bausch Fellowship 2018
PINA BAUSCH FELLOWSHIP 2018
for dance and choreography
Apply online until September 15th
T +49 202 261588-17
“It is not about art, also not about pure technique. It is about life, and therefore it is about finding a language for life.“
- Pina Bausch
Finding a language for life – the Arts Foundation of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Pina Bausch Foundation have been following up on Pina Bausch’s credo since 2016 with a co-developed grant programme and award the Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography.
THE SPONSORSHIP IS MEANT FOR
- grants for a temporary residence at renowned institutions for dance and choreography abroad
- a non-paid participation in an ensemble or a placement with a choreographer at home or abroad
- the studies of dance techniques with renowned personalities at home or abroad
The scholarship holders are getting the chance to gain new experiences and are encouraged to develop their own artistic characteristics with new forms of expression.
For that purpose you need to look for a partner in whose work you are interested in or with whom you would like to cooperate. Cooperating partners can be renowned ensembles, choreographers, and also institutions and personalities from dance- or choreographic training institutions. The plans for the fellowship are to be prearranged together with this partner. Possible projects could be collaboration in form of an externship with a choreographer or a stay at a renowned training institution as a visiting student. Each applicant has to contact their cooperating partner themselves and have the planned project confirmed in a “letter of intent”.
The Pina Bausch Fellowship is not a project fund, nor is it aimed at the development of new pieces.
Each fellowship can take a minimum of three months and no longer than six months. It includes a monthly allowance of 2.500 Euros and one-time travel expenses. Up to four fellowships are granted each year. The Fellowship is promoted internationally. It has no age-restirctions and aims at single artists from the fields of dance and choreography (dancers and choreographers). They can apply if they meet requirements.
An application for the Pina Bausch Fellowship 2018 is possible from June 1st to September 15th, 2017, and only online fellowship.pinabausch.org
The application procedure requires:
- letter of motivation (max. 1500 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- a brief statement on your planned stay ( max. 800 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- CV in tabular form (max. 1500 characters with blanks in ENGLISH)
- information on the planned date and duration of the stay
- letter of intent from the cooperating partner (e.g. an ensemble, a renowned person or institution from the field of dance or choreography, in ENGLISH)
- video material
- a selection of public performances (no more than three videos)
- a selection of performances in artistic productions (no more than two videos) and a recording of an artistic performance based on a task that they set for themselves (one video, no longer than five minutes)
Please note that you need to provide the video-material online, e.g. by secure file upload to a video portal. You can specify the links and passwords (if any) in the application form. For technical reasons we do not recommend to use YouTube or Dailymotion for your upload. Videos, whose links are not functional, can unfortunately not be considered.
- university/academic degree in dance and/or two years professional experience with a renowned ensemble
- independent creation of at least one production with a public performance in the last three years
In order to take part in the Fellowship programme, basic knowledge of the English language is required for purposes of communication among the Fellowship holders and the participation in formats such as the presentation of the project proposal, press meetings and public presentations. Organisational handling such as email contact and travel bookings are going to be in English.
The grant holders are selected by an international panel and will be announced in mid-December 2017. The panel’s decision is final and incontestable.
KICK-OFF AND CONCLUSION
The selected participants take part in an introductory week in Wuppertal from January 24th to 28th, 2018. Following the end of the fellowship year, they introduce their results with a lecture in Wuppertal in January 2019.
Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography
A programme of the Arts Foundation of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Pina Bausch Foundation
GOOD TO KNOW
Alles über unsere vorangegangenen Festivals finden Sie HIER
Festivalimpressionen ab 2005 gibt es HIER
Anmeldungen für blumige oder informative ImPulsTanz-Post HIER
Werden Sie Club-Mitglied und erfreuen Sie sich an zahlreichen Vergünstigungen. Ab 1. Jänner 2018 sind die Club Cards 2018 online erwerbbar. HIER