Do you have any questions? How to book a workshop? How can I buy tickets for the performances? Where can I get more information about the soçial programme?Where and when to find details on our website? Find answers to your questions on our FAQ page!
SARA SHELTON MANN
The Energetic body
Playing in the field of space, time, weight and relationship. Owning your choices while establishing personal and impersonal game plans we enter the terrain of choice, focus, ease and clarity.
Techniques that will be covered are:
• Space – Space and geometry
• The spatial gap and universal energy
• SNF/solo/neutral/follow/whose body are you in
• Transparency and the witness
• Breath and journey work
• Separating tracks/fields of information in interaction
• NLP – visual, kinesthetic auditory and auditory digital
• Touch and anchoring
• Bringing them in 1 at a time and holding them as tracks of information
• The imagination muscles – writing for dancers and everyone else – looking into portals, interim spaces and moving from practical to "what if" back to the "what am I seeing, feeling, knowing right here right now."
Chi-Cultivation included – A series of movement/breath exercises that articulate the spine, work the muscles, touch all the meridians and will raise your physical energy and your consciousness building strength and vitality while moving through space and interacting with others.
OTHER WORKSHOPS OF Sara Shelton Mann
Moving Alchemy is a somatically-based, improvisationally and technically challenging practice in which touch is a primary training tool. Using Chi-Cultivation consisting of movement and breath exercises that articulate the spine, work the muscles, touch all the meridians, it will raise your physical energy and your consciousness building strength and vitality.
This class is also a research ground for touch and the training it offers.
Each class is standalone and there is also a rhythm that develops from beginning through the week that stacks information together as a practice that is detailed and specific. We could call this a technical training through the lens of improvisation.
It rides on the edge of improvisation and form. It’s the most beautiful magical place to be, collaborating with and listening into the "unknown" as the primary practice of research.
Structure: scramble technique warm-up, Chi-Cultivation and research of the day.
We will cover the basics of:
• Solo Neutral Follow – are you in your body? An improvisational puzzle so you will never be bored again and you will know who’s body you are in.
• Space and Geometry – lei lines and space as driver and partner
• Spacial Gap – everything in-between that is a connector of before touch, touch, and after
• Pulse Points – periphery to core and back – navel and head – weights and the play of gravity and levity in motion and last if not least if we get there – implied direction.
ARTISTBIO: Sara Shelton Mann
GOOD TO KNOW
Sneak previews of our current performances, or sweet memories of our workshops and past festival events can be watched here. MORE
Workshop catalogue available for download
Workshops for professionals, beginners, come-back dancers, enthusiasts: all workshops included in our new catalogue here as DOWNLOAD