Everything about our previous festivals you find HERE
DanceAbility Teacher Certification 2021
ImPulsTanz and Alito Alessi, founder and executive director of DanceAbility, offer another four-week long DanceAbility Teacher Certification Course, taking place during the ImPulsTanz Festival 2021.
What: how to lead mixed abilities dance, movement & theatre groups
Who: Alito Alessi (Founder of DanceAbility)
When: 4 July (orientation meeting at 17:00) until 30 July 2021 (day of departure: 31 July, Note: the ImPulsTanz festival takes place until 15 August)
4 weeks, Mon–Fri, 6 hours/day, 10:00–17:30
Where: Rehearsal Stage of Volksoper Wien (Severingasse 7, 1090 Vienna, Austria) tbc
Costs: € 1,650
Max. number of participants: 32 people
More than 500 people with and without disabilities have attended intensive DanceAbility Teacher Certification courses in various countries since 1996. Those trained in DanceAbility have continued to develop and expand inclusive dance communities around the world. DanceAbility Teacher Certification is for people who want to teach integrated groups in movement arts, or learn a model for facilitating communities that foster inclusive participation. The course covers well-defined methods and techniques for teaching, but there is not a stagnant set of rules. It is an approach to designing creative movement practices that allow anybody and everybody’s movement to emerge, thereby facilitating individual and group expression. Participants in the DanceAbility Teacher Certification course will build on their own experiences to develop appropriate materials for the continued development of the work in their own communities.
The training includes:
• Foundation exercises introducing basic concepts of movement improvisation to people of all abilities based on things ALL participants can do
• How to guide people to be aware of their potential for movement and communication
• Integrating Contact Improvisation – inspired physicality with mixed abilities
• Movement explorations and games for individuals, partners, and small and large groups
• Learning how to plan and teach classes for all levels, and all abilities and disabilities
• Leading performance projects, inclusive events in public spaces and street parades
• Teaching language is English
• Open Classes. In the third week of the training, we invite everybody interested, with or without disabilities, to join the "Open Classes", which will be led by the student-teachers. They are free of charge.
The registration will be considered only upon receipt of the deposit of 500 euro.
Please send your application including:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Registration form
For further questions please refer to:
General information and photos on DanceAbility International and Alito Alessi DanceAbility