Are you looking for a cosy place to stay during your ImPulsTanz summer? OR: You don't want your Viennese apartment to grow lonely and rather introduce our workshop participants to the Viennese art of living? Some useful information HERE
ATLAS – create your dance trails 2018
Training programme for emerging dance artists
13 July–13 August 2018
ATLAS – create your dance trails is a module-based training programme embedded in the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. It offers a dynamic environment that allows young dance artists with first choreographic experience to intensively work on their professional development. The programme is designed to address two of the most basic needs of emerging choreographers: access to studio space for research and creation as well as continued inspiration through top-class training possibilities, a broad range of international dance productions and the exchange with fellow artists from more than 100 countries. On top, weekly showings give a chance to present works or work steps to an international audience.
An experienced ATLAS Buddy will advise the participants in the process of composing their individual programme, while an ATLAS Coach (Philippe Riéra / SUPERAMAS) will accompany the participants' works dramaturgically during their stay. Previous performance fragments may but don't need to be included in this process.
Workshop & Research Module
- A two-day workshop with the ATLAS coach Philippe Riéra on 13th and 14th July 2018
- 10 ImPulsTanz workshops or 8 ImPulsTanz workshops and 1 Field Project
- Half price on all further workshop bookings
- 20 tickets for ImPulsTanz performances
- Reduction on all further performance tickets
Rehearsal & Workspace Module
- Dance studio exclusively for the ATLAS group
- Personal artistic coaching for developing solos or group work (by Philippe Riéra / SUPERAMAS)
- Weekly exchange and feedback sessions with the ATLAS group (according to the desire of the group)
- Weekly showings of the works or work steps each Sunday at 20:30 (22nd, 29th July and 05th August 2018)
- Final showing on Saturday, 11th August 2018
- At the end, the participants receive an ATLAS certificate
- Accommodation in Vienna
- Discounts for food & beverages at the cafeteria at the ImPulsTanz workshop centre Arsenal
- ImPulsTanz bicycle for the duration of your stay or a free travel pass for public transport
- Free admission to the two ImPulsTanz parties
Costs & registration:
The registration fee is €3,250.
The registration is valid only after an advance payment of €800.
To register, please fill in the form and send it together with a CV, a short letter of interest and a portrait photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadline NEW
30 June, 2018
Fee does not include
- Travel to and from Vienna
- Health insurance
- Per diem
Upon receiving your application materials, we will be glad to supply you with an official invitation letter and support your endeavors with funding applications for grants and financial support.
For questions or further information, please do not hesitate to contact David Eckelmann via e-mail or by telephone (+43.1.523 55 58-33) from Monday to Friday, 11:00 to 18:00
All information about ATLAS 2018 at a glance as DOWNLOAD
GOOD TO KNOW
To parents who attend our workshops we again offer child care at Arsenal, this year for the first time for free, thanks to the kind support of Arbeiterkammer Wien (Vienne Chamber of Labour). MORE
Subscribe for flowery or informative ImPulsTanz mail HERE
Since 2017 ImPulsTanz offers a focus on Urban Arts initiated by Markus Eggensperger and Storm and featuring many events and the urbanative package. Take a look! MORE
Sneak previews of our current performances, or sweet memories of our workshops and past festival events can be watched here. MORE
Everything about our previous festivals you find HERE
We kindly invite you to join our ImPulsForum! In the inspiring atmophere of the Red Bar of the Volkstheater we will arrange regular meetings and discussions with and for our audiences, artists, critics, experts, ImPulsTanz staff, well, everybody interested. But not only ImPulsTanz, also you can propose topics you like to discuss or get to know more about. MORE
Skip through our festival impressions as of 2005 HERE