Sneak previews of our current performances or sweet memories of our workshops and past festival events can be watched HERE.
Andrew de Lotbinière Harwood
SEIZE THE DECISIVE MOMENT – Improvisation for performers
The decisive moment in instantaneous choreography
Through the awareness of visual and non-visual perception, we will tune into our inner and outer world as we observe and awaken the imagination for real-time composition. Can we seize the moment, harness our habits and use all our known and unknown resources wisely? Do we recognise we are part of a bigger picture and be attentive to everything all at once? Can we do less and accomplish more? Can we expand our comfort zone and survive clumsy moments converting them into artistic material? Can we sustain a solo or an ensemble dance for a long time or just as easily leave it all of a sudden? These are some of the questions this workshop will investigate. What is so wonderful about instantaneous composition is that suddenly the elements erupt before you, just like that, and it is essential to seize them.
Some thoughts to inspire our inquiries:
• Improvising like we breathe.
• Tasting the absence of doing.
• Activating pathways between the physical and the intangible.
• Imagining the impossible.
• Training ourselves to "let it happen".
• Giving ourselves permission to feel pleasure in what we are doing, especially when it is awkward.
• Staying simple is ironically quite difficult.
• Awakening our presence to imperceptible things.
• "Beefing up" our game.
ArtistBio: Andrew de Lotbinière Harwood