Join our club for numerous benefits. HERE
Alexander, Image & Unfolding Empathy
Intensive workshop for Advanced Dancers
- ON SITE at the Leopold Museum. Like listening to music, or basking in the warm sun -- we will come under the influence of world class, 20th century art in Vienna’s stunning Leopold Museum collection
- see, sense, draw, move, touch, receive, respond: Unfolding Empathy
- internal story/external action
- space/environment/inclusive awareness
- the Alexander Technique -- a hands-on, experiential process for streamlining/letting go of unwanted
patterns of movement and mind. A process for increasing awareness, responsiveness and integration in the
moment, for working with our inherent design. A process for re-direction of energy. Less is more.
- improvisational structures
Day 1 - morning: in the studio - experientially explore selected basic principles of the Alexander Technique in relation to our museum project.
afternoon: at the Leopold Museum, collecting impressions of the space and artwork.
Day 2 - morning: in the studio - develop simple improvisational structures together; integrate visual cues from the Leopold collection into our work.
afternoon: on-site in the MuseumQuartier’s Leopold Museum - improvisational explorations within the museum space and collection, infused with an Alexander-based sensibility/orientation.
ArtistBio: Judith Grodowitz